WHO WE ARE
The Austrian Society of Allergology and Immunology is the national society of all scientists and physicians who deal with the immune system and its diseases, such as allergies.
The ÖGAI connects science with medicine, provides a stage for the Next Generation of Immunologists, and thus passes on the fire of enthusiasm to the next generation.
- unites Austrian allergists and immunologists from science & medicine
- improves the lives of patients with allergies and immune disorders
- is competent in allergies, autoimmune diseases, immunodeficiencies, infectious diseases, vaccinations and tumor diseases
- is networked worldwide with the international societies for allergology and immunology
- celebrates its 50th birthdayin 2021
The Austrian Society of Allergology and Immunology (ÖGAI) was founded exactly 50 years ago and today presents itself younger than ever. The vision of the founders to help patients with allergies and with problems of the immune system through interdisciplinary cooperation has been confirmed, especially during the pandemic.
Let’s take a little ÖGAI time travel together through the past 5 decades.
Prof. Dr.med. Erika Jensen-Jarolim
Univ.-Prof. Dr.med. Alexander Rosenkranz
Univ.-Prof. Dipl.Ing. Dr. Barbara Bohle
ao. Univ.-Prof. Dr.med. Winfried F.Pickl
Prof. Dr. Fatima Ferrira-Briza
Below you will find the current board members of the ÖGAI
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
of the Austrian Society for Allergology and Immunology (ÖGAI). Version adopted at the General Assembly on 24.03.2022.
The representatives of the sections are co-opted to the Executive Committee without voting rights. Specialty Groups: Clinical Immunology, Clinical Allergology, Immunology, Immunology Education and Next Generation.